This is the Site of: CITY MARKET NORWALK
We can be reached via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer an online service that, among other things, allows you to place orders from this grocery store. We are also marketing partners in connection with the Site and may, from time-to-time, offer certain additional options and features to users of the Site.
WHAT WE COLLECT
When you visit or use the Site, we collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone, or other access devices. The information sent to us includes data on the pages you access, your computer IP address, device identifiers, the type of operating system you are using, your location, mobile network information, information about your transactions/activities (e.g., searches performed, links that you click on, promotional offers (e.g., coupons/discounts) that were viewed and/or downloaded), and other information. We may obtain such information through cookies and other tracking technologies. See Section below titled, “COOKIES.”
If you place an online order for groceries, we collect the following types of information
- Your name, address and/or phone number and other related information,
- Your credit card information or other financially-related information for payment of your order,
If you create a registered account with us (and become a “Registered User”), we may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information including your name, mailing address, phone number(s), email address and other similar information.
- Financial information such as the full credit card number(s) that you link to your account. All credit card transactions are fully encrypted and will be stored by a trusted third party. Your credit card number will never be shared without your consent.
- Your preferences, demographics, interests, product reviews, and ratings, etc.
- Password and log-in information related to your account.
The term “personal information” is used to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and that can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or otherwise does not identify a specific user.
In situations where it is possible to do so, information (including publicly available information) may be linked to your personal information.
We may obtain information (including your personal information) from third parties.
When you visit the Site, we may use, or authorize third parties to use, “cookies” and similar technologies (e.g., web beacons, pixel tags, etc.) (together “Tracking Technologies”). Cookies are small files that contain information sent by a website that is saved on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies help us recognize and serve you better by collecting information about you, your online behavior, your computer, or your mobile device. Such information may include, without limitation:
- The type/version of browser, operating system, and software you are using;
- Your geographic location;
- The pages/apps you visit;
- How long you visit each page/app; and
- Other information about how you interact with the Site. You may delete cookies from your computer or set your browser to reject cookies; however, doing so may limit some functionalities of our Site. Blocking or deleting browser cookies may not block or delete other types of cookies including flash cookies. For additional information about browser privacy preferences, please consult the “Help” section of your browser.Our Site does not recognize “do not track” signals from your browser.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE YOUR INFORMATION
We require the information that we gather for various reasons including the following:
- To understand your needs, provide you with a better service, and to respond to your inquiries;
- For internal record keeping;
- For internal analysis; and
- To administer and/or provide promotions, programs, products, services and offers for which you provided information, including personal information such as name and credit card number. Subject to the provisions below, we may also use this information for other marketing-related purposes.
We may use the information to:
- Send you pertinent information about and/or related to your online order or reservation, e.g., for non-marketing purposes such as order confirmation, order status or customer satisfaction survey.
- To improve our products and services and to measure the number of visitors to the Site and the areas of the Site that are of most interest to visitors.
- To customize the Site.
By using your mobile device, you expressly consent to receive email or other means of communications unless you direct us not to do so.
We may use your personal information and other information for our own marketing purposes and/or for marketing purposes, including joint marketing purposes, on behalf of third parties including, but not limited to, notifying you of new products, services, offers or other information via mail, email, telephone, text message, and other means. If you do not want us to use your personal information for marketing purposes, you may opt-out of such uses by contacting us.
We may share your personal information and other information with City Market’s affiliates (“City Market Affiliates”), if any, for any purpose. If you do not want us to share your personal information with the affiliates for marketing purposes, you may opt-out of such uses by notifying City Market. Although you may request to opt-out of sharing your personal information for marketing purposes with City Market Affiliates, we may share personal information with City Market Affiliates for non-marketing purposes.
We may share your information, including your personal information, with City Market Affiliates or with third parties, including contractors who provide services to us, to assist with any of the uses of personal information and other information described herein. For example, we may share and/or provide your personal information and other information with/to third parties that oversee, manage, handle and/or assist with
- The operation, administration, or maintenance of our Site; and/or
- The billing or processing of online order payments. The privacy policies of such third parties may also apply.
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTING
There may be some content on our Site sponsored by or co-branded with third parties who may obtain personal information from you if you voluntarily participate in sponsored or co-branded activities such as sweepstakes and other promotional offers. We are not responsible for the information collection or privacy practices of such third parties. Therefore, you should review their privacy practices carefully before participating or providing personal information to such third parties.
SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure, and we make our best efforts to ensure that all of your user information is secure. All credit card transactions are fully encrypted and will be stored by a trusted third party. Your credit card number will never be shared without your consent.
In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All information that you share with us during the registration, reservation and ordering processes is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United States. However, we undertake no obligation to maintain the confidentiality of non-confidential data such as feedback, reviews, ratings, questions, comments, or ideas that you voluntarily provide to us. We are not liable for any unauthorized third-party access or disclosures of personal information outside of our control. We reserve the right to use and disclose such non-confidential information as we deem appropriate. By voluntarily submitting feedback and other such information to us, you consent to these terms.
POSTING REVIEWS AND RATINGS
REPORTING COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS
In compliance with the safe harbor provision of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), if you believe any user-generated content infringes your copyright, please provide us with a detailed description of the allegedly infringing content, your name, and ownership claim and send it to our attention at email@example.com
If you are a California resident, you have the right to receive: a) information identifying any third-party company(ies) to whom we may have disclosed, within the past year, Personal Information pertaining to you and your family for that company's direct marketing purposes; and b) a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed. To obtain such information, please email your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org